Q: What you have learned about Israel this year?
A: I have learned about how Israel was formed by the philosophy of Zionism. Theodore Herzel created the idea of having a modern homeland for the Jewish people. I also learned about many Israeli customs and culture, including the food. I also enjoyed learning about the poetry and music of Israel, as well as the politics of Israel, which are very different from the politics in America.
Q: How has your image of Israel changed?
A: I used to be frightened of Israel. All of the wars and terrorism that take place there are always in the news, so that is what you hear about if you don't live there. However, now I believe that it is important to acknowledge the fact that Israel is the home state of all Jewish people living throughout the world. It's a place we can all always go to and call a home, and that's really special.
Q: What is your relationship to Israel?
A: I used to believe it wasn't important to understand and care about Israel. My perspective has definitely changed. I now believe that Israel is important to understand and have a connection to as my own. I look forward to visiting it one day.
Q: What are some impressions people have of Israel versus the reality?
A: Whenever people talk about Israel they talk about war and the desert. I think that if you ask certain people about Israel they will acknowledge that Israel is a Jewish place, possibly with the idea that everyone there is religious. I think that these impressions are not so accurate, and it could change if people learned more about it.
A: I have learned about how Israel was formed by the philosophy of Zionism. Theodore Herzel created the idea of having a modern homeland for the Jewish people. I also learned about many Israeli customs and culture, including the food. I also enjoyed learning about the poetry and music of Israel, as well as the politics of Israel, which are very different from the politics in America.
Q: How has your image of Israel changed?
A: I used to be frightened of Israel. All of the wars and terrorism that take place there are always in the news, so that is what you hear about if you don't live there. However, now I believe that it is important to acknowledge the fact that Israel is the home state of all Jewish people living throughout the world. It's a place we can all always go to and call a home, and that's really special.
Q: What is your relationship to Israel?
A: I used to believe it wasn't important to understand and care about Israel. My perspective has definitely changed. I now believe that Israel is important to understand and have a connection to as my own. I look forward to visiting it one day.
Q: What are some impressions people have of Israel versus the reality?
A: Whenever people talk about Israel they talk about war and the desert. I think that if you ask certain people about Israel they will acknowledge that Israel is a Jewish place, possibly with the idea that everyone there is religious. I think that these impressions are not so accurate, and it could change if people learned more about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment